Last updated: 30 November, 2016
1. WHO ARE WE?
Kimiyaa (“We” “us”, “our” or “Kimiyaa”) is a global charity that publishes a website at www.kimiyaa.org (referred to as the “Website”) and web application (“App”) in connection with its activities.
2. WHAT IS THIS DOCUMENT?
3. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
We collect Personal Information relevant to the activity you undertake with us. This includes:
3.1 Supporters details
We will process your name, address, e-mail addresses, and contact telephone numbers when you are signing up to become a supporter of Kimiyaa. We may also collect additional information from you, including your birthday, gender, job title.
3.2 General correspondence
We will process information about you, if you contact us. This information will include your name and contact details.
3.3 Use of our App
We will process your Personal Information when you use our App, which may include the information that you submit to the App as well as information about how you and when you use the App, and technical and statistical information about the device from which you access our App.
We may also receive Personal Information that you choose to submit when using the App, including any interactive services hosted by Kimiyaa. You may provide us with profile information to make public on such services, such as your location and date of birth. We will process and store this information along with any submissions that you make.
3.4 Use of our Website
We collect some technical and statistical information about your use of our Website, including:
- The Internet protocol (“IP”) address used to connect your computer, laptop or device to the internet.
- Details of your web browser version and type, operating system and platform (as applicable to the device you are using).
- Information about your visit including the route you take through and from our Website (including date and time); pages that you viewed; lengths of visits to certain pages and page interaction information to help us improve the Website.
This technical and statistical information is typically anonymous but may identify you in certain circumstances. Where it does identify you, we treat it as Personal Data.
Our service provider Google Analytics also collects Technical Data from you in the course of providing anonymous information to us about the use of our Website. For more information on how Google Analytics uses Technical Data, you can visit here:
4. HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM YOU?
In addition to the above obvious and direct uses of your Personal Information for the purposes notes above, your Personal Information may be processed in the following ways:
- to help improve our Website and the functionality of our App;
- to protect Kimiyaa against threats such as cyber-attacks;
- to create anonymous data to see which elements of our Website and App are most popular. Once anonymised, this data will no longer identify you and will cease to be Personal information.
5. WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
We may share your Personal Information with individuals or other organisations when we have good faith that it is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
- enforce applicable legal terms and conditions or our other legal rights, including investigation of potential violations;
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; or
- protect against or prevent harm to the rights, our members or the public as required or permitted by law.
6. WHERE IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED AND PROCESSED?
We will process and store your Personal Information in our IT systems, which includes cloud hosted IT systems. We employ organisational and technical methods to secure your Personal Information, and require that our service providers do the same.
7. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
8. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
10. IF I AM UNDER 18, CAN I PROVIDE PERSONAL INFORMATION TO KIMIYAA?
If you are under the age of 18, please obtain your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to Kimiyaa.
11. CONTACTING US
Data Protection Officer
Crossfield Road #15
In some cases you may have the legal right to access, correct, remove, or prevent processing of any of your personal information. If you would like to exercise this right please send your request to the above contact details. Please be aware that in some cases we may not be able to process your request, for example, if it is technically impractical, risks the privacy of others, or causes a disproportionate burden on us.